Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Don't Let The Devil Take Your Mind, now with new 'LIVE' mix #7
Hi all,
This is a song right up my proverbial alley. Great players, great recording, great lyrics and delivered live. I took several passes on this one but it came together pretty quickly for me. Eventually added echo on the lead guitar for a little interest. The rest is pretty much as recorded and no other effects.

I tried hard to capture the spirit of the song with my automation and balance. I hope I was successful.

I enjoyed mixing this very much and I hope you enjoy the listen.

All the best,
MITC

Jackie Greene - Don't Let The Devil Take Your Mind
11/24/2017

Jackie Greene - Don't Let The Devil Take Your Mind - Live Mix
11/28/2017

Since everyone was putting up a 'live' mix, I did too.

Jackie Greene - Don't Let The Devil Take Your Mind - Mix 6
12/01/2017

After some good input from colleagues I gave this another spin. I like the way it sounds at all volumes.

Jackie Greene - Don't Let The Devil Take Your Mind - Mix 7
12/01/2017

Went to see Smith & Myers last night. Decided I needed more top end in my mastering. This is the result.

Thanks for listening.

.mp3    Jackie Green - Don\'t Let the Devil Take Your Mind.mp3 --  (Download: 14.37 MB)

.mp3    Jackie Green - Don\'t Let the Devil - Live Mix.mp3 --  (Download: 14.38 MB)

.mp3    Jackie Green - Don\'t Let the Devil Mix 6.mp3 --  (Download: 14.46 MB)

.mp3    Jackie Green - Don\'t Let the Devil Mix 7.mp3 --  (Download: 14.46 MB)

PreSonus Studio One DAW
[email protected]
Listening to both versions on headphones ant the moment , version 1 the vocals could be touch more fuller .
Can hear your live mixing experience as version 2 is my personal favourite listening on headphones as sounds more alive and exciting ,the vocals sound a touch full around the 150 -300 area could be the room effects used exaggerating that area ?
Can hear a lot of low frequency rumble below 200 hz in the side channels and even more in my version which I think rolling off would tighten up the bass a lot more !

Cheers Big Grin

Please Help Mike Keep This Awesome Educational Site Alive And Become A patron !
https://www.patreon.com/CambridgeMT/posts

With 3 second quick listening I liked more the live-version. So I decided to listen it .

Very well done!

I like the way how sound and drums breathes in the live version.

Also the vox has plenty of room, I like that. It might work nicely if the vox were a bit more dry. It might give a nice 3D effect. OR it maybe better the way it is now. It feels quite natural.

But is vox a bit too alone now? It might benefit if guitars had 2 dbs bigger role. This genre is after all quite heavily based on guitars. So drums down a decibel and guitar up a bit is something I might test. Would it be better? I don’t know.
(30-11-2017, 08:24 PM)Olli H Wrote: With 3 second quick listening I liked more the live-version. So I decided to listen it .

Very well done!

I like the way how sound and drums breathes in the live version.

Also the vox has plenty of room, I like that. It might work nicely if the vox were a bit more dry. It might give a nice 3D effect. OR it maybe better the way it is now. It feels quite natural.

But is vox a bit too alone now? It might benefit if guitars had 2 dbs bigger role. This genre is after all quite heavily based on guitars. So drums down a decibel and guitar up a bit is something I might test. Would it be better? I don’t know.

Good advice. Finding the right place for the vocal is tricky especially when you bring the room into it. I think I may have fattened the vocal a bit too much in the live version. I think I could tighten the low end too which would allow the guitars to shine more.
PreSonus Studio One DAW
[email protected]
I really enjoyed listening to your mixes (all of them) and can learn from you. I like both the first at the top and also your Live Mix... nicely done!
Hi Mixinthecloud,
just took a listen to your Live Mix (7). Only thing that does not fit in on my headphones is the hihat - in my opinion it could be a little lower in volume. The rest is a nice blend of all the instruments which can all be heard transparently. I like your mix!
Regards
Tobias
http://www.theta-tontechnik.de
MacPro 5,1 - Logic Pro X - ProTools - REAPER
(02-10-2018, 02:37 AM)Christoff555 Wrote: I really enjoyed listening to your mixes (all of them) and can learn from you. I like both the first at the top and also your Live Mix... nicely done!

Thanks.
PreSonus Studio One DAW
[email protected]
(23-08-2019, 09:56 PM)tucks Wrote: Hi Mixinthecloud,
just took a listen to your Live Mix (7). Only thing that does not fit in on my headphones is the hihat - in my opinion it could be a little lower in volume. The rest is a nice blend of all the instruments which can all be heard transparently. I like your mix!
Regards
Tobias

Good ear, Tobias.
PreSonus Studio One DAW
[email protected]