Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Can I get some feedback please?
I study Music Technology and this is just a quick mix.

.mp3    DeathHH.mp3 --  (Download: 10.75 MB)

Just made the kick, snare and vocals a little bit louder.

.mp3    DEATHhh2.mp3 --  (Download: 10.75 MB)

This is mix3.

.mp3    Death of.mp3 --  (Download: 10.75 MB)

Ok mix 4 Big Grin

.mp3    Death of 5 M.mp3 --  (Download: 10.75 MB)

Hi, Oliver.
Just some quick comments: The bands energy and aggression isn't there to the same degree as the vocals - so there's a bit of a mismatch
at the moment. That may be because the guitars are very thin and unnatural. Perhaps re-addressing that area will put some *body* into the
overall sound? The drums sound quite artificial too - and the 'clicky' kick drum doesn't do it for me. I can hear the bass guitar note definition
pretty well - so getting the bass and drums to integrate in a heavier way should be a piece of cake. I'm not the best judge of this genre,
though I have live-mixed some death metal bands some time ago (to a surprisingly positive responses).... I must have done something right...lol.
Generally speaking on your mix, it *could* be your listening environment which is making things harder for you - or it could be this web stream
isn't translating your mix very well. Of course, we can only make assessments based on what a given mix sounds like - compared to how the
'best' sounding mixes here sound on our uniquely different pieces of playback gear. A lot of variables. I hope this info helps a bit.
Please consider becoming a patron of Cambridge Music Technology to help Mike keep this Awesome Educational Site Alive! -- https://www.patreon.com/CambridgeMT/posts