Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Rescue Me - My best - Updated
(27-11-2017, 10:29 PM)crownoise Wrote: Hey Mixinthecloud! I like the take 4 version, it has the most feeling imo. I do think that there is to much ring and pokyiness in the mandolin and think it needs some lowmid distortion and hf taming. I like the place you put the bass though, its present but still dynamic.

Thanks for your comments, crownoise. The mando was a challenge to get it to stand up to the preordained lead guitar sound. I chorused it and squashed it pretty good and dedicated a reverb to it. Still a bit of a pain in the ears.
PreSonus Studio One DAW
[email protected]
Hi Mixinthecloud, good work an a challenging session. I personally like Take5 . like the way you managed the snare to pop, perhaps went a tad over but that's just my view. Good job in any case.
I absolutely love the fadeout you did at the end. The thought of doing something like that occured to me as well, but I ended up leaving it as it is. I think you did a great job, but I would definitely bring down the mandolin, I think it's masking the snare quite a bit, but it gets better towards the end of the song.
Overall, I think your mix and mine have a lot of common points, feel free to listen...