Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Justin Myles Alone With You
Hi guys,
Please let me know what you think of my mix. No edits to the original files were made. Mixed as downloaded.

.mp3    JustinMyles_AloneWithYou_Full.mp3 --  (Download: 17.32 MB)

Kick drum sounds pretty boxy to much 500Hz probably. Lots of attack and volume on the drums to much in my opinion. Also the drum hits are very inconsistent in level. I would use more compression on the drums, but them more in the background.
Vocals are a bit to full in the low-mids. This mix kinda lacks depth and ambience, as it is pretty dry. Overall balance is nice, however the instruments dont sound cohesive to me. Very bright acoustics, dark vocals, boxy attack haeavy drums, with inconsistent levels.

Cheers,
Lukas Angel
(16-02-2019, 02:46 PM)LukasL Wrote: Kick drum sounds pretty boxy to much 500Hz probably. Lots of attack and volume on the drums to much in my opinion. Also the drum hits are very inconsistent in level. I would use more compression on the drums, but them more in the background.
Vocals are a bit to full in the low-mids. This mix kinda lacks depth and ambience, as it is pretty dry. Overall balance is nice, however the instruments dont sound cohesive to me. Very bright acoustics, dark vocals, boxy attack haeavy drums, with inconsistent levels.

Cheers,
Lukas Angel

.mp3    JustinMyles_AloneWithYou_Full Revised.mp3 --  (Download: 17.32 MB)

Hi Sticky,

Listening your last version, I don't feel at ease with the voice, too much saturated, it sounds sometimes (in my opinion) like if the singer had a lisp. Undecided
Guitars are far away ! Backing vocal very very tiny, nearly inexistent ... Hoping it does help you !
Regards,

Yvan
(09-04-2019, 07:23 PM)YVAN Wrote: Hi Sticky,

Listening your last version, I don't feel at ease with the voice, too much saturated, it sounds sometimes (in my opinion) like if the singer had a lisp. Undecided
Guitars are far away ! Backing vocal very very tiny, nearly inexistent ... Hoping it does help you !
Regards,

Yvan

.mp3    JustinMyles_AloneWithYou_Full Revised YVAN.mp3 --  (Download: 17.32 MB)

Hi Sticky

It really does sound much better ! Now take care with delays, you have to make it synchronised with the track tempo , after that ... you good Wink

Hello Stickey,

I listened to your first one and the third one. I liked the third one better, so comment based on the third one.
I did mixing for my practice the other day and found a sound treatment of acoustic guitar and bass were somewhat difficult.
Since AG has two tracks, I found AG to pan all the way on the side. That way, the frequency conflict between AG and bass can be avoided.
Other things you might want to try to improve this mix should be:
1. Cut low frequency a bit where it touching the bass and bass drum frequency area.
2. E. guitar delay time to align with tempo. e.g.) 8th beat of tempo.

Good luck.
Andy