Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Amy Helm "Rescue Me" Mix
Here is my take on the song. Great groove. I am trying out the Waves Aphex vintage aural exciter on the mix.

After some helpful comments on my mix I decided to post another mix. Shortened snare verb tail, brought lead vocal down 1.2 db's, and a few other tweaks.

.mp3    Amy Helm Master 1.mp3 --  (Download: 9.87 MB)

.mp3    Amy Helm 2.mp3 --  (Download: 9.87 MB)

Nice space. Not sure you needed the long decay on the snare but the placement of the vocals is excellent.

Raise your hand if you want to shoot the guitar player. Big Grin
PreSonus Studio One DAW
[email protected]
(16-11-2017, 03:11 PM)Mixinthecloud Wrote: Nice space. Not sure you needed the long decay on the snare but the placement of the vocals is excellent.

Raise your hand if you want to shoot the guitar player. Big Grin

Thanks for listening. I know that i need some work on my spatial FX. Will take another listen to my mix and some reference tracks.
I would suggest this is a very solid mix on the whole. LVox a bit hot for my liking, but you did a very good job with what everyone seems to agree was the bane of the mix: the guitar/mandolin blend and placement.

Well done on the whole. It could use tweaks for sure, but what mix couldn't?

Joe
Joe Walter
a.k.a. "grizwalter"
Mile-High Audio Productions
www.mountainmix.net
[email protected]

Thank you again for listening. All comments, suggestions, and critiques are welcome.You are very right about the vocal. After listening to my post the LV is too loud. Mixing is a new hobby for me. After listening to a mix over and over I seem to overlook the obvious. Need to learn to take breaks and
listen to what I have done the next day.
Considering all the 'problems' associated with the recording of the tracks and 'that' guitar, you achieved a nice solidity, T RB6i.
I noticed the snare ring-around room reverberance being picked up on the open mic tracks. That was a particularly tricky [problem]
situation, which I think you handled particularly well, likewise with the gtr solo. Appreciating we're all listening on different playback
systems on a web stream mostly, some 'elements' will translate differently; What I'm finding is just a little loss of 'air' on the lead
vocal. It's a pretty decent mix on all accounts though.
Please consider becoming a patron of Cambridge Music Technology to help Mike keep this Awesome Educational Site Alive! -- https://www.patreon.com/CambridgeMT/posts
Robert, thanks for listening and your suggestion about the vocal air. After taking a break from audio for I few days I hear what you mean about the air lacking in the lead vocal. Will do a little work with that and see if I can get it to come out without raising the sibilance on her voice.