Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Daisy Daisy
Hello everyone, it's my 1st time here & 1st ever upload to a site of this kind.

Anyhow, I thought I'd give this a go as it's a great track, however the kick & snare needed the most work I thought. So some gentle gating & some severe eq-ing (all cuts, removing resonances) got me roughly where I wanted. I took some liberties cutting everything but the vox in the "stops" and also dropped out the drums & bass briefly before the final verse. I added a reversed, reverbed vocal snippet just as the 1st verse comes in (for fun) and I also added a high vocal harmony here & there as the track progressed. Finally, I did a little editing on the middle section of the pair of vocals as they went a little out of time with each other.

Don't know if this is too much info but I use Logic X, mostly stock plugins on this track except for Soundtoys Sie-Q on pretty much everything 'cos I love the "drive" on it. Oh yeah, before I started I put an instance of HoRNet VU Meter Mk3 on every track for gain-staging.

Ok, that's it. I'd appreciate any thoughts you might have. Thanks.

.mp3    Daisy Daisy.mp3.mp3 --  (Download: 8 MB)

[quote='Biscuit!' pid='64836' dateline='1510351781']
Hello everyone, it's my 1st time here & 1st ever upload to a site of this kind.

Anyhow, I thought I'd give this a go as it's a great track, however the kick & snare needed the most work I thought. So some gentle gating & some severe eq-ing (all cuts, removing resonances) got me roughly where I wanted. I took some liberties cutting everything but the vox in the "stops" and also dropped out the drums & bass briefly before the final verse. I added a reversed, reverbed vocal snippet just as the 1st verse comes in (for fun) and I also added a high vocal harmony here & there as the track progressed. Finally, I did a little editing on the middle section of the pair of vocals as they went a little out of time with each other.

Don't know if this is too much info but I use Logic X, mostly stock plugins on this track except for Soundtoys Sie-Q on pretty much everything 'cos I love the "drive" on it. Oh yeah, before I started I put an instance of HoRNet VU Meter Mk3 on every track for gain-staging.

Ok, that's it. I'd appreciate any thoughts you might have. Thanks.

Sounded pretty good reminds me of dancetech, youtube guy mix, radio friendly.

[quote='JWiscool' pid='64837' dateline='1510363678']
[quote='Biscuit!' pid='64836' dateline='1510351781']

"Sounded pretty good reminds me of dancetech, youtube guy mix, radio friendly. "

Thanks JW. Well it was his latest tutorial that brought me here, though I only watched the 1st 5 minutes or so before I came here. I'll have to watch the rest of it to see what techniques he used.