Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rescue Me by Niels
Hi!

I liked this one very much! This is my mix - what do you think?

.mp3    Amy Helm & The Handsome Strangers - Rescue Me (Mix by Niels Zimmer).mp3 --  (Download: 9.89 MB)

Hey Neils,

overall i like the tone of your mix and the balances seem good too. I think you could improve the lead vocals by removing some (more) of the resonance and plosives around 100-200 hz.....its a bit muddy down there at the moment, mainly in the verses when she sings in the her lower register.

cheers, Simon
Be fierce in your encouragement, kind in your criticism and try and remember that the art of a good critique is not to make someone else's mix sound like yours...but to help the mixer realize their own vision.

https://soundcloud.com/hbguitar
(11-11-2017, 03:19 AM)HbGuitar Wrote: Hey Neils,

overall i like the tone of your mix and the balances seem good too. I think you could improve the lead vocals by removing some (more) of the resonance and plosives around 100-200 hz.....its a bit muddy down there at the moment, mainly in the verses when she sings in the her lower register.

cheers, Simon

Thanks for your feedback Simon, I appreciate it!
You call it muddy, I called it warmth :D Actually I intentionally boosted that range a bit, but I guess you're right and less could be more. I will get back to this and post a second version, soon. Thank you - interesting!
(14-11-2017, 10:14 AM)1niels Wrote:
(11-11-2017, 03:19 AM)HbGuitar Wrote: Hey Neils,

cheers, Simon

Thanks for your feedback Simon, I appreciate it!
You call it muddy, I called it warmth Big Grin Actually I intentionally boosted that range a bit, but I guess you're right and less could be more. I will get back to this and post a second version, soon. Thank you - interesting!

I found that the M81 vocal mics have a great deal of proximity effect to them and need a lot of hi-pass filtering. The proximity effect, especially in live performance is valued because it increase gain before feedback because of the need to roll-off the lows on the sources such as vocals, hence reducing feedback.
PreSonus Studio One DAW
[email protected]