Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Redo after seeing the photos
It was great to have the photos from the recording session. Made it a lot more easier to get the panning right, so thank you for that Mike.

About this mix: This is a great recording and my aim here is to take the listener back to the concert hall. Seated in the middle and on 5th row. The test for this is to listen(studio monitors or headphones) and close the eyes and try to imaging that what you hear is just that - being there, on the 5th row.

This mean that the result should have:

- Crisp sounding string(yes they are crisp in that range)
- A grand piano with a clear and smooth attack, reflections and overtones
- A lot of "air" surrounding the instruments
- A "feel" for the acoustics on stage and in the room in the concert hall
- A binaural dimension

What I've done:

- Removed(total) all bleeding that was possible from the spot mikes
- No compression on buses to preserve the dynamics from the live recording. Only a limiter on the masterbus to prevent clipping(only engaged a handful of times during the whole recording)
- Modest EQing
- Setting the panning and depth right
- Done a lot of phase treatments
- Added some "air"(no, not mainly reverb)

For an old guy as me, .MP3 does a lot off damage to this kind of music and recording. I have therefor uploaded it to soundcloud(private) in .WAV format as well, if someone are interested in listen to a none compressed version:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1al2VO8p...sp=sharing

(Sorry for you that used the previous soundcloud link to listen to a full .wav version. Unfortunately I did not know that soundcloud compress every .wav files that are being uploaded to an even worse .mp3 that are already posted here - pleas fell free to listen again)

We always have something to learn and the taste are different, so please feel free to give feedback.

.mp3    Mozart_No_12_r2.mp3 --  (Download: 18.94 MB)

Harrison Consoles Mixbus/Mixbus32C 8.0 DAWs, Kubuntu Linux 64 21.10, Stock Low latency kernel, KXstudio repos, i7-3720QM [email protected], 12 Gb RAM, nVidia GeForce GT 650M/PCIe/SSE2, 418.226 prop. driver. Zoom L12 Digital mixer/Audio interface