Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What I Want - Mix
I am currently a student at MTSU and for my mixing assignment, I chose this song to mix. Constructive Criticism is welcomed. I did have to mix this assignment by using headphones, which is not my personal preference but... beggars can not be choosers.

.mp3    Gordon_Lab3.mp3 --  (Download: 8.92 MB)

Well, you have nice clarity in your mix so your EQ work is good. It seems like the drums are separate from the cymbals, the reverb makes the drums sound like they are way in the back while the high hat is way out front. The keyboard especially after "she's got me working through the night" is about as quiet as it can be while still being audible. The only reason I heard it is because I have mixed this one before. Is your school a physical campus? I go to school online at Full Sail.
(07-11-2017, 09:50 PM)tshanesmothers Wrote: Well, you have nice clarity in your mix so your EQ work is good. It seems like the drums are separate from the cymbals, the reverb makes the drums sound like they are way in the back while the high hat is way out front. The keyboard especially after "she's got me working through the night" is about as quiet as it can be while still being audible. The only reason I heard it is because I have mixed this one before. Is your school a physical campus? I go to school online at Full Sail.

yes it is a physical campus in Murfreesboro, TN