Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Disturbing Wildlife - my mix
20-07-2013, 08:54 PM
Disturbing Wildlife - my mix
Very nice track to work on. I tried to make it sound fairly intimate by keeping everything very dry. Edited out a few things - some handclaps in places and also part of the male backing vocal. Hope you like it Smile

.mp3   disturbing wildlife.mp3 --  (Download: 8.26 MB)

If i make a comment on your mix i would be very grateful if you said something about mine - all discussion leads to increasing all our knowledge! thanks lovely people :)
Visit this user's website
Quote this message in a reply
05-08-2013, 05:37 PM
RE: Disturbing Wildlife - my mix
I like this dry concept. Everything sound very good to me. Especially drums.

Bass sound bothers me a little. Maybe it's too loud. Or some frequency area is annoying. I'm not sure what disturbs me with it.

Something could happen in the mix at 1:05 when the mood of the song changes.

But still, I like this mix very much.
05-08-2013, 08:06 PM
Hi Olli H, cheers for the feedback Smile The bass guitar was easily the most challenging part of this mix - played very loosely and dynamically - quite tough to get everything levelled out with each note clearly heard. It's funny, everyone i have played this to have said the same thing - bass too loud! I do agree having had some time pass since i last listened to this - or perhaps some frequencies need reducing.

Most folks who did this mix (there's a sizeable gearslutz thread about it) used some slapback delay on the vocal at the point you mentioned. I thought about it but refrained, sticking with the dry approach - you're right though - would be good for something to happen there.

If i make a comment on your mix i would be very grateful if you said something about mine - all discussion leads to increasing all our knowledge! thanks lovely people :)
Visit this user's website
05-08-2013, 08:57 PM
I agree about the bass. Very difficult to make it to do it's job. And it had a very big role in this song. Try notch filter in the mid areas. (if you plan to come back to this song) Maybe there's no need to put the bass level down after carving away some mid frequencies.

Access my tutorial videos!
Advertisement: