Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rescue Me - Olli H
The vox track was so problematic, so i decided to do just a quick try with this one. It was difficult to find any ear pleasing panning solutions, but I'm quite happy with the result now.

.mp3    rescue me-2017-11-04-olli-h.mp3 --  (Download: 9.8 MB)

Sounds nice! Good narrow focused stereo image. The 4-5k area feels quite crowded. Perhaps some further cleaning to be done there? The bass sits nicely through the mix. Good, but not so great as usual, work. Been taking a pause? ^_^
(04-11-2017, 09:57 PM)kapu Wrote: Sounds nice! Good narrow focused stereo image. The 4-5k area feels quite crowded. Perhaps some further cleaning to be done there? The bass sits nicely through the mix. Good, but not so great as usual, work.

Thanks. I might revisit this mix someday, and I'll certainlty check that 4-5k issue. And maybe do some automations that I didn't do with this one, as this was quite quick one.

(04-11-2017, 09:57 PM)kapu Wrote: Been taking a pause? ^_^

Actually I've been quite busy. I've had two album projects during the bygone six months, and as my time slot for mixing is not so big, I haven't been able to do other stuff so much.
Very good!

I really like how the instruments sit in mix!I would put the main vocal a little more inside the mix.I think it sounds a little harsh,maybe in the 1k-2k area.I dont hear the backing vocals at all.And they are good.

Overall very nice,waiting for your updated mix!
yeah, shame about the recorded vox audio quality as she has such a lovely voice and its a great take by the band.

I love your panning solution - mainly as its the same one that i chose too....makes a lot of sense to me to have guitar central as he plays around the vox so no real conflict and then its front and centre for the solo....and the hat and mandolin balancing high frequency out wide.

Mix wise, everything seems to work - rhythm section is balanced. I too miss the BGVs but i can hear them (just)
Be fierce in your encouragement, kind in your criticism and try and remember that the art of a good critique is not to make someone else's mix sound like yours...but to help the mixer realize their own vision.

https://soundcloud.com/hbguitar
Nice solid mix Olli sounds good on my monitors ,the click of the kick beater is popping out just a touch around 4k ,not a big deal as I wont mention any names Tommy M might ask you to turn it up lol !

well Done Big Grin

Please Help Mike Keep This Awesome Educational Site Alive And Become A patron !
https://www.patreon.com/CambridgeMT/posts