Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Andrey Yaroshinsky & The Gnessin Academy Chamber Orchestra (vmb-mix)
i tried to obtain a natural depth and clarity. feedback wellcome!

i'm new to mixing classical music so i'm a little apprehensive messing with it too much but in the second version (33) i went a little further. some mid-side processing to make it sound a bit bigger, and more crisp (less dull). too much?

.mp3    Mixdown22.mp3 --  (Download: 23.87 MB)

.mp3    Mixdown33.mp3 --  (Download: 23.87 MB)

Hi there,

I think you did a really good job. A little dry (opinion!!)...sounds like you went more spot mic than hall. Great dynamics (almost too dynamic, if that makes any sense. Maybe excess fader rides?). I prefer the second mix.

Mike
Very Nice loupi! Mixdown22 for me. Perhaps a little dry for me also, artificial reverb may help in this area if desired.
Well Done.
(02-11-2017, 01:50 PM)loupi Wrote: i tried to obtain a natural depth and clarity. feedback wellcome!

i'm new to mixing classical music so i'm a little apprehensive messing with it too much but in the second version (33) i went a little further. some mid-side processing to make it sound a bit bigger, and more crisp (less dull). too much?

-----------
Mix 2 is very nice! Lots of dynamic range.....well balanced I thought. Great job!

Tom
tommymarcinek.com - Tommy Marcinek
You NAILED the panning...especially the basses and cellos. What an unconventional place for them...it has boggled me since I started this. I'd hear them there in the room pairs and it made no sense to me whatsoever! Great job!