Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What I Want--uncharted territory :/ (update #2)
Hi Everyone,

This is my first attempt at mixing anything like this...a little nerve racking.

I'm still working on it, but I figured I'd throw it out there for some feedback and guidance.

The breakdown in the middle.....yikes.

Thanks.

Mike

Update 2: Just trying to beef things up without going too over the top...no clue what else to do.

.mp3    MixPractice-TheBrew-What I Want 3.mp3 --  (Download: 5.18 MB)

Mike,
Good start. Everything has interesting character and the balance is good. Maybe too many artifacts from the effects muddling some clarity, but the overall feel is great. You held good energy through the arrangement which is not easy to do with this song. Well done.

Welcome to the community.
PreSonus Studio One DAW
[email protected]

Thank you for the warm welcome, Mixinthecloud. After loading up the tracks, I knew I was in for a long night.

I feel like the top falls off at the start of the busy section until the guitar lead. Not sure what to do...maybe boost the highs on the drum bus until things even out? I definitely need to bring up the intro so I don't blow anyone's monitors :/

As for the effects, I really tried to keep them to a minimum on the vox only hitting certain words here and there, but the effects on the raw guitar tracks don't seem to play nice when you try to give it some edge.