Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Shut Up And Play
Diggin' this song.

Put my spin on it. Hope you like it Big Grin

.mp3    Marcus Beoltz - Shut Up And Play - mix.mp3 --  (Download: 6.33 MB)

Niko
----------------------------
Latest project : Noise Implant
Not bad. I was concerned about the length of the reverb at first but you made it work. Have you tried shortening the reverb to something more in line with the tempo of the song? Same density same room just shorter decay?
PreSonus Studio One DAW
[email protected]
Thanks for listening!i
I actually didn't play with the reverb time too much. I overcomplicated the mix originally and took a bunch of crap off and just called it.
Thats actually a fantastic suggestion and something I wasn't thinking about when dialing in my reverb sound.
I will try that on my next mix. I am trying to commit and move on and learn from each mistake I make.
This was my first time applying compression to my reverb busses as well. I have two different verbs for my drums. A generic one for all shells and one just for the snare itself.
(31-10-2017, 07:26 PM)axxessdenied Wrote: Thanks for listening!i
I actually didn't play with the reverb time too much. I overcomplicated the mix originally and took a bunch of crap off and just called it.
Thats actually a fantastic suggestion and something I wasn't thinking about when dialing in my reverb sound.
I will try that on my next mix. I am trying to commit and move on and learn from each mistake I make.
This was my first time applying compression to my reverb busses as well. I have two different verbs for my drums. A generic one for all shells and one just for the snare itself.

Don't be afraid to break any molds you've created for yourself. Let the music, the genre, the feel and the player define your approaches.
PreSonus Studio One DAW
[email protected]