Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Carol Dant Do Not Stand
Even with small amount of track count i found it abit of a challenge 1 because the drums was not separated and 2 i tried to keep it interesting including distorting the drums, any comment?

.mp3    Carol Dant Do Not Stand mix 1.mp3 --  (Download: 8.22 MB)

I think your vox may be a bit boxy for my taste, but everything else is pretty solid!

The rhodes sound like they need a phase reversal or something. It just sticks out a bit oddly, moreso early on when the mix is a bit more sparse.

I kind of cheated when I submited this track to Mike with Carol. The rough mix I supplied used the 2 track drums in a way where I separated the kick, snare and hats by sending the 2 track to 3 different busses, eqing the send to peak at the fundamental frequency of the drum i wanted to replace (super low end for the kick, mids for the snare, and high end for the hats), putting a gate after the EQ that didn't let the sound of the distorted peaking fundamental out at all, but instead triggered a midi note on the open. Then I could put a sample on top of the supplied drums.

But in my defense, i did supply the drums in the way that they were supplied to me.

I like everything about your mix aside from the vox eq and the rhodes (not that I don't like it, but those are the things that stick out to me).

**edit**

Might not be phase, but just eq. But something just doesn't sit quite right with me when it kicks in.
Nice work, and sorry for the stupid late reply!

Draper
(20-01-2020, 10:57 PM)loweche6 Wrote: I think your vox may be a bit boxy for my taste, but everything else is pretty solid!

The rhodes sound like they need a phase reversal or something. It just sticks out a bit oddly, moreso early on when the mix is a bit more sparse.

I kind of cheated when I submited this track to Mike with Carol. The rough mix I supplied used the 2 track drums in a way where I separated the kick, snare and hats by sending the 2 track to 3 differetn busses, eqing the send to peak at the fundamental frequency of the drum i wanted to replace (super low end for the kick, mids for the snare, and high end for the hats), putting a gate after the EQ that didn't let the sound of the distorted peaking fundamental out at all, but instead triggered a midi not on the open. Then I could put a sample on top of the supplied drums.

But in my defense, i did supply the drums in the way that they were supplied to me.

I like everything about your mix aside from the vox eq and the rhodes (not that I don't like it, but those are the things that stick out to me).

**edit**

Might not be phase, but just eq. But something just doesn't sit quite right with me when it kicks in.
Nice work, and sorry for the stupid late reply!

Draper
Maybe one day i will attempt this againBig Grin cheers once again.
Reaper user
Hi! I really liked the choir!