Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
WavolutionLab mix
Hi,

I'm new on this forum and I did an attempt with this song.

WavolutionLab mix

feel free to give your feedback, I need it ^^

Ben
The vocals are very muffled in this but you can almost get away with it if you push the volume a lot. Did you mix this at loud volumes? It sounds like you used multiple vocal tracks at the same time. There are no rules against this but it's created a strange sound. I think the intention of providing them was to let you choose the mic sound you preferred. Note that you can cut between them if you like. Wink

I like the acoustic guitar sound and the reverb on the electric at the start and end, for some reason I hadn't thought of doing that with it. I'd maybe have it drier in the choruses but that's just personal preference. The acoustic is nice and bright without being annoying.

This forum allows you to upload the file directly, inside the post. It is preferred if you would do it this way because it means that the link cannot go dead because of the file hosting stopping or changing etc.

Chris
Thank Chris for your feedback Wink
I did a second attempt, I try to brighten vocals to be more present.
On the first mix, I only use one main take for lead vocal and I use a second take for backing vocals. And I mix with headphones at low volume, and I check sometimes with monitors at low volumes too.

I change acoustic sound a little bit and brighten piano too.
Let me say if it's better or not

.mp3    Andrew Cole_3.mp3 --  (Download: 5.4 MB)

The beginning is great, and the vocal is way better. That acoustic is probably at the limit of brightness before where it would be too much but it's still OK.

Chris
In fact, acoustic guitars are a little bit to bright.
I become aware of the importance of automation, volume, EQ, FX and pan, it's seem to be so powerful.

Thanks for your advices Wink
I think the vocals are a bit too loud, which is something to present, they sound a little too much to be distorted.
The B-Kick Drum does not share a bit of it should have been.
I or the tracks, the previewmix not yet listened to, but I guess that you have the vocals a little too much taken away?
Otherwise, I find it well done, now the beat is not as apart as in your first mix, since it was quite striking.