Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Directions - mix by Olli H
I liked the song very much. Very fresh. It was fun to do.

I wanted this song to have small citizen's big attitude. I tried to keep the space quite small, but still have big living room sound. And I wanted the sound to be modern and free, whatever it means. Maybe young and unpolished.

I didn't have any references. I just made it. In the end I listened the published version of this song, and checked some details from there.

I'll listen some of your mixes soon. At least those who are still active here and haven't get many replies to this mix.

.mp3    directions-olli-h.mp3 --  (Download: 6.52 MB)

Wow awsome sounding mix !

Please Help Mike Keep This Awesome Educational Site Alive And Become A patron !
https://www.patreon.com/CambridgeMT/posts

Very clean and open mix and the sound is great. Maybe the guitar solo could do with a little more lowend, and the bass a dB up, but thats just me lovin lowend ... Good job !
Old ears, old gear, little boy inside love music and sounds and my wife, not necessarily in that order
Very nice mix Olli!
Great stick you end up with.Smile
Thanks for listening, fellows.

(17-07-2013, 05:14 PM)Voelund Wrote: Very clean and open mix and the sound is great. Maybe the guitar solo could do with a little more lowend, and the bass a dB up, but thats just me lovin lowend ... Good job !

I must check the bass lever. I'm little uncertain with low end. For some reason I want to err towards thin sound.

I agree with guitar sound, it's thin, but in this case it was intentional. To preserve the optimistic mood of the song I wanted it to have young and fresh sound, not old and saturated.
Great sounding mix. To my ears the bass level seems spot on.