Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pray for the Rain ArmedNDaverous Mix
Hello,

I'm curious to hear others opinions on how the lows and low mids sound on this mix. I just added some room correction software that cleared some things up in my mixing position. If anyone wants to trade a critique or two please let me know.

Thanks,

Dave

.mp3    Pray For The Rain V1.mp3 --  (Download: 10.48 MB)

A bit hard for me to judge listening with headphones, but it maybe sounding a little full in the 200hz area. The snare sounds a bit full and rounded and perhaps lacking as far as snare / kick balance goes. Maybe some top end would help. Otherwise for me it sound great.
Hey Dave,

Thanks for the feedback. Yeah, I may be juicing the lows a little too much on that, I’ll have to take another listen. Trying to adjust to some monitoring changes.
Hi Dave - thanks for mixing the track. Sounds good ! I am hearing the lower mids a bit on the heavy side to my ear. Overall really liked the balance. I can offer a couple of observations:
- the click of the ride was poking through for me. You could try some transient attack reduction if you hear the same thing.
- BV balance vs. the lead vocal is high. I found my ear migrating from the lead vocal to the BVs when they came in - the low ones may be contributing to some of your lower mids too.
- stereo width - I was also noticing that I wasn't hearing a lot of stereo save a couple of guitars panned. Perhaps an opportunity with some stereo delays on the vocals, lead guitars etc.

Great overall balance though - thanks for mixing the track !

Thomas