Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hollow Ground - Left Blind - What a B*tch Track
Hi Guys,

This is my first post and would like to say hello to all members. I stumbled across this site (and resource) and have been blown away by the availability of tracks for us all to use and the get feedback :-) (hopefully I will be able to go though and mix more songs down the road too)

Well here's my 2 pence... It reminded me of an old school Sepultura style track so I tried to keep a similar feel. Even though it was a problematic track and the drums to be honest were badly recorded I tried to keep it as natural as possible. I compressed the sh*t out of the drums but tried to keep everything else a bit softer (if that can be a term used in this track)

I use protools 10 with a bunch of stock plugins, I have the duende channel strip and bus comp. for GTRS i used Amplitube with a 5150 style amp on the right side and some random free Marshall style amp on the left (if interested i can go in the project and and find the exact name). Mixed on headphones as the little one will have nightmares if i play loud on speakers lol . unfortunately i have no hardware gadgets but its on the list for the near future.

enough waffle from me.. have a listen and let me know what you think.

Pleasure to meet you all :-)

.mp3    HollowGround_LeftBlind_Mix_1.mp3 --  (Download: 2.4 MB)

Oh, man this is so dirty! U really have some troubles in low-mid. Clean it a bit and it will be classy hardcore mix m/
The bass has a nice sound, but it is completely different from the guitars. This sound is not consistent. It does not match the rest. Besides, loud guitars. And in fact, in low tones there is drama. What kind of headphones do you use? I have the impression that it is not a studio model and their linearity is strongly shaken.
Sup guys. totally forgot about this thread. Thanks for the feedback. I was using a £20 pair of Sennheiser headphones so not surprised you can probably hear a load of stuff in the mix that a good set of monitors or phones reveals. Wont make excuses as your probably right Tongue Im waiting on a new pair of headphones (DT100's so a lot better than my Senn's) so watch this space. Ill download a new track and give it a stab Cool