Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
First Post - Thoughts?
I primarily used Slate plugins (including the new FG-Stress) as well as FabFilter for notching out annoying frequencies (did everyone else catch the low end rumble in the percussion track?). Also added a kick sample and did some automation, which I'm usually too lazy to do... lol. Used "This Love" by Maroon 5 as a reference track. Would love some feedback.

.mp3    I\'m Alright - Final.mp3 --  (Download: 6.8 MB)

Hey Rootwitch,

I gave your mix a very thorugh listen:

Overall a very powerful, in your face mix which is nicely balanced but some things I liked to see changed´.

Suggestions:
- Relax your mastering limiter, you can hear it working hard at ~1:16 and 2:40 and on several other occasions.
You are hovering around 9LUFS which is pretty hot if you want to be a bit of dynamics in the music. I would suggest backing the limter of around 3~4db to reach roughly 12LUFS, which is what streaming services (in the real world) would adjust for anyway (Some do 14LUFS)
Also your mp3 is clipping(true peak is at +0.4db)
- Low-End is kind of undistinct, kick and bass seem to be masking each other
-> Low shelf at 100HZ for -2db and fairly narrow cut at 200Hz for 2db improved things a lot
- Also a bit of honkyness at 400Hz and 700Hz
- At 0:36 music comes to a dead stop. If this is deliberate then go with it, but if not I might add a bit of room verb
- Background vocals nice but a bit too loud

Cheers,
LukasAngel