Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
sorry i know is old but i like to someone review my mix
hi, this is my mix, i'm still without monitors , so my headphones may trick me with the bass. thanks for the reply

.mp3    mezclita pray for the rain.mp3 --  (Download: 7.85 MB)

(11-10-2017, 04:53 AM)[email protected] Wrote: hi, this is my mix, i'm still without monitors , so my headphones may trick me with the bass. thanks for the reply

Hey Pablo,

In my opinion the bass is too loud. Needs to be brought down overall maybe 2-3 db or so? It also may help to control the really low bass notes as well, they tend to jump out. They do sound nice and full and powerful but they're a bit distracting. Overall, I think you have a solid mix going, sounds very good.

Dave
A nice, bright and forward sounding mix with good clarity to boot. Well judged for a headphone mix. Nice Work
Hi Pablo - thanks for mixing the track. Just had a listen and can offer a few things.

Overall, I liked your mix. I liked the drum sound overall, really liked the vocal effects/reverb during the bridge section and the outro of the song.

For opportunities - if you read the SOS article on mixing the song, there are some great suggestions from MikeS on the bass. Quite a bit of low end on your mix, and maybe a bit too much 1-2k. Balance observation - verse guitar was a bit too loud vs. the vocal, as it took my attention away. The other arrangement perhaps automation topic is that some of the build seemed lost between the verse and chorus - to really give it some impact when the chorus comes in. Perhaps a bit more of the guitar (biased comment since I am the guitar player) or a bit more BVs or cymbal wash.

Thanks again for mixing the track ! Enjoyed the listen !

Thomas