Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Stitch up mixed by Voelund
This is not the original arrangement, I took out a few bars and copied things around, added a signature guitar riff all over the place and then some things I cant remember now, and I am very excited to hear how this is received. I am a bit tired now and this is a kind of "in the proces" mix, and I guess it is not the last one on this song, but I will really like some feedback on the arrangement.

EDIT: new version post 18 Big Grin

.mp3    Stitch up 02 lim.mp3 --  (Download: 4.54 MB)

Old ears, old gear, little boy inside love music and sounds and my wife, not necessarily in that order
Ouch, I guess I can blame it on bein tired and hungry before ...
I forgot the outro vocals, and the entire background vocals were in ono, as I forgot to set the deesser on their bus to stereo. Added a little umpfh to the drums and some more automation and this is pretty close to the vision I had for the song.
Hope you like it. Noone can say it isnt difrent from the original :-)

.mp3    Snithup 3a lim.mp3 --  (Download: 4.49 MB)

Old ears, old gear, little boy inside love music and sounds and my wife, not necessarily in that order
Sounds Great !
Having a quick listen on headphones before work it's just after 5.30 am here Big Grin

Please Help Mike Keep This Awesome Educational Site Alive And Become A patron !
https://www.patreon.com/CambridgeMT/posts

Its a nice mix,a bit nice maybe,think Eddie Krammer
I dont mind bein mentioned in the same sentence as Eddie Kramer. Not quite sure if you mean it should sound more like his work or if it does. I wonder if its a problem the drums is mono ? And if the last part are too squezed from the limiting. I'll sleep on it. Thx for the replys.
Now this is lifeless mate,it sounds as boring as hell
(16-07-2013, 08:25 PM)Voelund Wrote: Ouch, I guess I can blame it on bein tired and hungry before ...
I forgot the outro vocals, and the entire background vocals were in ono, as I forgot to set the deesser on their bus to stereo. Added a little umpfh to the drums and some more automation and this is pretty close to the vision I had for the song.
Hope you like it. Noone can say it isnt difrent from the original :-)

I liked vocal/s! And nothing else! Lifeless!
I kinda see what youre after. The "I scratched your back now you can scratch mine" works pretty often.
In this case it wont, because I dont get any wiser to what you think is wrong here.
I think I remember you doin somethin similar before, puttin up a mix you made and commentin on lot o peoples mixes of the same song with very short sentence, and not necessarily anything to encourage, enlighten or make things better.

Its a shame because I normally enjoy commentin and listenin to music, but an attitude like yours doesnt make me want to comment on your mix. And I doubt Im the only one reactin like this Big Grin

(05-01-2014, 10:19 PM)Voelund Wrote: I kinda see what youre after. The "I scratched your back now you can scratch mine" works pretty often.
In this case it wont, because I dont get any wiser to what you think is wrong here.

This is not my intention! Sorry!

(05-01-2014, 10:19 PM)Voelund Wrote: I think I remember you doin somethin similar before, puttin up a mix you made and commentin on lot o peoples mixes of the same song with very short sentence, and not necessarily anything to encourage, enlighten or make things better.

I allways download mixes and listened to them before I write comments in forum!

(05-01-2014, 10:19 PM)Voelund Wrote: Its a shame because I normally enjoy commentin and listenin to music, but an attitude like yours doesnt make me want to comment on your mix.

My attitude is truth! Sometimes painfull to you!

I apologize to you if you think this is not true!

Google translate! Blush
I realise the translation doesnt make it easier to commucate. My main concern is you say you dont like this and that without pointin out whats the problem. Imagine this. You painted a picture. I say it makes me sick. Would you know if its the colours, composition or motive that I dont like ?

Do you get the picture ?