Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Death Metal Sucks - Szymon Skiba - Shon's Mix
This was an interesting project in that there were only DI guitars provided. I usually like the artist to choose the sounds they are going for but this was an enjoyable exercise.
Great track, thanks to Szymon for uploading. I'll be tackling the other one next...

Cheers,
Shon

.mp3    Death Metal Sucks - Shon\'s Mix.mp3 --  (Download: 8.81 MB)

.mp3    Death Metal Sucks - Shon\'s Mix 3.mp3 --  (Download: 8.95 MB)

New mix above, attempted to make the drums more 'trashy'...

Shon
(15-10-2017, 04:21 PM)Shon Wrote: New mix above, attempted to make the drums more 'trashy'...

Shon

love it! good work! close to mine Smile))
which amp sim did u use?
Mix isn't bad at all. I got a few suggestions that might help you out. This is what I heard on my headphones:

- The guitars got a nice edge, but I feel like they might be a bit too scooped for my taste. I would boost the mids a bit on the guitars, mainly the rhythm.
- I like your reverbs in the intro and on the lead guitar, but I think that it might be a bit too loud and overpowering in the mix. I would back it off a little bit, but don't remove it since I thought it was a good idea.
- I feel like the snare and kick could come up a bit. I feel that they are getting a bit buried. You might also wanna take another look at the EQ on both. Usually, I try to get rid of some the mids that make those drums sound muddy and boxy.
- The overheads might be a hint too loud. I think this because I felt like the ride cymbal was annoyingly upfront. It is really noticeable since the ride is to the right of the mix and away from the center.

That's all I got for you. The rest of your mix sounds good to me, so good luck. Smile

Cheers,
Nick