Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who I am - mix by Olli H
I agree with the others ... very nice. I would also bring the drums up just a tad Smile[/i]
To mix or not to mix ... mix!
I made my first version of this song about two years ago with ProTools. I wanted to try again with Reaper to see where I end up. So main difference to my previous version is new DAW and new ears. And also this time I tried to give a bit more room from drums and little bit less reverb. While I was mixing, I didn't listen my previous version.

.mp3    uncle-dad-who-i-am-2015-11-27-olli-h.mp3 --  (Download: 6.9 MB)

there is a huge difference between the two mixes! there's a better definition in the new one and the sense of space has been improved. One thing that could be improved is to add some automation in the choruses. I can hear the the volume of the music is always the same throughout the chorus part, but if you automate some instruments volume during the periods when there is no singing, I think that the result would be outstanding.
mixing since April 2013
Hi Olli
I don't know why i haven't tried this lovely country song ,listening to your latest version sounds great and has inspired me to download the multitracks and have a try soon also with reaper and hopefully as good as job !
I like Juan's idea of bringing up the volume and dynamics of the chorus a touch.
well done !

Please Help Mike Keep This Awesome Educational Site Alive And Become A patron !
https://www.patreon.com/CambridgeMT/posts

Thanks, I've already automated a small boost to rhythm guitars, but I'll check if I come up with new boosts. Good idea!
I was a little uncertain if the kick and the bass are a bit too loud.
I like the last mix better,really enjoyed the listen/Good work .