Poll: Is this worthy of being released?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
It's great. I love it. Let me pay you to do my song.
0%
0 0%
It's decent but needs revision.
0%
0 0%
Meh.... amateur
0%
0 0%
Total 0 vote(s) 0%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Woodman Mix
I present a mix for this song. Tried to leave it in it's raw, grungy form as much as possible. As a disclaimer, I have to add that I recently acquired an analog console and have been learning how to mix on that in all of its real-time glory. I messed up at the end. I know this. You will know this. It's a real problem... BUT I will carry on and fix it in a day or two or never. I'd love some opinions on the rest of it though. Thanks!

EDIT: I ended up remixing the song. The settings are mostly the same with some tweaks here and there but hopefully the balance is better throughout.

.mp3    Woodfire (panned).mp3 --  (Download: 11.45 MB)

.mp3    Get Fooled (2nd Mix).mp3 --  (Download: 11.45 MB)

I like it for the most part. It does seem a little "phase-y" to me. I suspect it's the guitar mics. I think it works. I like the louder guitar during the 2nd chorus before the solo. It adds some nice dynamics.

Post solo the volume of the guitar a lot which might be what you referred to in your post. I do like that tone a little better too though The guitar is a little more distinct though a obviously too loud.
I like the depth. You could hit your master limiter a little harder. I like the realness of the guitars and overall sound. Could be a tad more stereo that would clear up the middle some. Overall good mix
Hey, thanks guys. I thought I'd try to be cool and pan the two guitar tracks increasingly left and right as the song went on to make it build up. However that limited the stereo image of the first half or three-quarters of the song so maybe that's not quite the way to do it. I also think that's where the phaseyness comes in. The second guitar track is a room mic right?
Yeah, the second mic seems to just be a room sound.
That's what I thought but if it works then I'll leave it in stereo. And yes, at the end I think the overall balance fell apart. I was to trying to push up the volume to give it more impact but overdid it. I'll do another mix tonight and post the results. Thanks again!