Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
Woodfire: 'Get Fooled'
Woodfire: 'Get Fooled'

.mp3    Woodfire Get Fooled.mp3 --  (Download: 10.75 MB)

Man, that snare drum sounds great. It all sounds great to me. I think it successfully conveys the song. My only complaint would be that the vocal reverb seems too... I don't know... Clean, I guess. I feel like this is a dirty song and should have a more dense reverb. But, I admittedly am not that great with using reverb so maybe don't listen to me. Either way, it's rockin!
It feels pretty good. The main thing that bothers me is the low mid bump it has. There's a frequency range that kind of resonates throughout the song. I'm pretty sure it's the second mic on the guitar. I think locating and cutting those low mids will lean out the song a bit more and make the guitar a little more distinct.
(03-10-2017, 10:00 AM)CrackheadBill Wrote: Man, that snare drum sounds great. It all sounds great to me. I think it successfully conveys the song. My only complaint would be that the vocal reverb seems too... I don't know... Clean, I guess. I feel like this is a dirty song and should have a more dense reverb. But, I admittedly am not that great with using reverb so maybe don't listen to me. Either way, it's rockin!

Thx Bill. The snare sound it’s a combination of ssl e eq with phase alignment plus a plate and a chamber panned hard left and right. Also I added some
Distortion to it. Lv don’t have reverb I used just delays a short slap and a long quarter. I may use more nasty compression to make it more aggressive. Thank you for listening
(03-10-2017, 01:39 PM)RoyMatthews Wrote: It feels pretty good. The main thing that bothers me is the low mid bump it has. There's a frequency range that kind of resonates throughout the song. I'm pretty sure it's the second mic on the guitar. I think locating and cutting those low mids will lean out the song a bit more and make the guitar a little more distinct.

I agree with your comment. There is a heavy low mid sounding emphasis on the guitars but it’s the tone of this band. They have recorded the guitar tones like that in all this album. I wanted to preserve it and actually I like it like that. Too many years listening the scooped Marshall sound saturated my ears Wink. I compared the track with some similar alternative music and I’m not too far away from that grunge sound. Thank you for listening Roy.