Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 1 Average
Get Fooled-Roy Mix
03-10-2017, 01:05 AM
Get Fooled-Roy Mix
Here's my attempt at "Get Fooled". One thing that I've always felt these Woodfire songs need is dynamics since the arrangements are so sparse. Same goes for this one. Hopefully it sort of works.

As always feel free to comment
Thanks

.mp3   Get Fooled-MixA_01.mp3 --  (Download: 10.97 MB)

I only have earbuds to listen and mix with at the moment. Take everything I say with a grain of salt.
Quote this message in a reply
03-10-2017, 03:58 PM
RE: Get Fooled-Roy Mix
I like it. real grungy and dirty. Only thing maybe a little overall warmth on it to take out a little harshness. I can also appreciate the fader moves. Good job
03-10-2017, 04:30 PM
(03-10-2017 03:58 PM)sagalegin Wrote:  I like it. real grungy and dirty. Only thing maybe a little overall warmth on it to take out a little harshness. I can also appreciate the fader moves. Good job

Cool, Thanks. Yeah, there was a fair about of automation going on. That's something I need to work on more.

It is a little harsh. I think I was trying to clear it up a little and went too far. Oh well. Maybe it's something I can 'remaster'.

I only have earbuds to listen and mix with at the moment. Take everything I say with a grain of salt.
23-01-2019, 05:14 PM
High voltage mix, this is about to explode! I didn't really care for the brief ear candy treatment in the second verse, but everything else is spot on!

Love the detailed OH's (the ride/hat playing makes it the right kinda of nasty), the BillyCorganesque texture of the voice, tight and sensible low end (listening on headphones) and harsh but not brittle guitars. Sounds to me like a brighter take on the Pumpkins' sound from the relatively obscure "Machina II" double LP. Great job!
23-01-2019, 10:01 PM
Awesome. Thanks Deliza. To be honest this mix was from a while ago and I didn't remember what I did in the second verse but upon listening back, yeah, I don't know if I'd do that again, either. That said, sometimes I do stuff to mixes on here just to inspire further thought and discussion and inspiration for other mixes as opposed to what I might do for a client or real world situation.

Access my tutorial videos!
Advertisement: