Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Turkuaz: 'Lookin' Tough, Feelin' Good' kapu mix
Nice. ^_^

.m4a    turkuaz-__lookin__tough__feelin__good__kapu_mix.m4a --  (Download: 17.44 MB)

(02-10-2017, 08:01 PM)kapu Wrote: Nice. ^_^

----------------

Nice warm mix kapu! I'm loading up mine in a few. I took a slightly different approach.....a bit more effects and more pronounced snare and toms hits. I was listening to yours on my headphones and it's nice and full and warm......nice job!

Tom
tommymarcinek.com - Tommy Marcinek
(03-10-2017, 02:00 AM)tjmtruth Wrote: Nice warm [...]

Thanks! It seems I forgot the toms. ^_^
Hey kapu! I like what you have achieved here, its really soft this mix and i like that, as mentioned a warm sounding mix. It might be a liiitle to stale for my taste though, it feels a bit dry for being a live performance, so maybe some mixbus or some fx and distortion could be benefitial. Still i like the balances, but the vocals are a bit to dry and unprocessed. I know you said that you forgott the toms, well i sort of forgot the vox harmonies so i know it can happen Wink but i didn't feel like they really contributed that much anyway.
(04-10-2017, 05:45 PM)crownoise Wrote: Hey kapu! I like [...]

Thanks! By forgetting the toms I mean 'Oh man gating's not working, too much leak, would have to edit manually but too lazy.' Anyways, did some tweaks, included the toms and updated file. ^_^
(04-10-2017, 05:45 PM)crownoise Wrote: Hey kapu! I like what you have achieved here, its really soft this mix and i like that, as mentioned a warm sounding mix. It might be a liiitle to stale for my taste though, it feels a bit dry for being a live performance, so maybe some mixbus or some fx and distortion could be benefitial. Still i like the balances, but the vocals are a bit to dry and unprocessed. I know you said that you forgott the toms, well i sort of forgot the vox harmonies so i know it can happen Wink but i didn't feel like they really contributed that much anyway.

Touching on that mixbuss suggestion, RUN A REAR BUSS!!!!!! It's magical. Of course nothing can polish a turd, but if you've got a nice sounding mix going (particularly this works well with live mixes where there isn't much dB automation), add some energy to it by routing most of everything aside from drums and bass through a secondary STEREOBUSS aux that's a bit more compressed than your master send (unless you're not using any compression on the master send, which can REALLY make a difference using this technique). Bring that fader up slowly to your liking and BAM. Has about 50% more energy it did prior. Of course I wouldn't suggest doing this on every single mix, as everything has it's thing, but play around with the technique.
(23-10-2017, 09:16 PM)deadislandrecords Wrote: Touching on that [...]

Thanks! Have to look into that rear bussing thing. For now, there's general parallel compression on the master. ^_^

EDIT: Did some minor tweaks and updated file.
Hi Kapu nice punchy mix well done.
(22-04-2018, 12:17 PM)Cudjoe Wrote: Hi Kapu nice punchy mix well done.

Thanks for feedback! ^_^