Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jet B: "To The Wolves" - Crownoise Mix! Please feedback need help...
Hey! This one was a challenge for sure! But i really like vibe this song have, just a bit shame it was a bit bad recorded but i mean you deal with what you get, hope its doable cuz im mixing late here in Sweden and i feel that my ears need a rest, might do a revision later on. Anyhow please give feedback and lemme tell me what you think.

.mp3    Jet B.mp3 --  (Download: 10.23 MB)

I'm basing my feedback off of my headphones (Beyerdynamic DT770) at the moment. I really like the depth you've got going on. I would bring the overheads and guitars up a bit. Or at least give the overheads a little more 12k. The solo seemed kind of buried. I'd bring that up too. The delay on the backgrounds was awesome. Did you use automation on that? I'd automate a lower feedback on the beginnings of the backgrounds, but keep the feedback at the end. Also, I'm curious to know what you used on the lead vox. It sounds very smooth...except for the very last line. It's a little sibilant.

Great job man! Keep grindin!

Don Perignon
Mix Engineer / Hobbyist
https://soundcloud.com/donald-holland
Hey Don thankyou! I am actually quite pleased with this mix! No i like to put effects on before i got to compression and clipping and distortion, makes the effect more coherent with the mix. I have some eq and alot of de-essers on the vocal, and i also use klangheim gainstage plug on vocal to get out some ring in the vocal, i use the dynamic eq on that one pretty easy and straightforward to use. Also i have alot of equing going on and alot of it is after i have made it dynamically fit, both eq before comp and after. Also, after i compress and eq vocals i like to get back some warmth and gain with some distortion, comp i like on vox is dbx 160.