Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Szymon Skiba - Death Metal Sucks (OTR Mix)
Just kind of a normal mix.

Though, I do really enjoy mix his songs. c:

Any feedback is appricated.

.mp3    Szymon Skiba - Death Metal Sucks.mp3 --  (Download: 10.05 MB)

Hi, Szymon here.
Love it, just like the other one. The only thing that kind of grinds my gears is a little lacking of ambience on lead guitars, especially in intro. In my opinion they need some massive delay and ambience.
The drums are just perfect, love it.
Keep on the good work, I'll probably send some more stems soon.
Cheers!
(03-10-2017, 12:16 PM)McBuumen1729 Wrote: Hi, Szymon here.
Love it, just like the other one. The only thing that kind of grinds my gears is a little lacking of ambience on lead guitars, especially in intro. In my opinion they need some massive delay and ambience.
The drums are just perfect, love it.
Keep on the good work, I'll probably send some more stems soon.
Cheers!

Messed around with reverb/delay. Think it sounds a bit better.

.mp3    Szymon Skiba - Death Metal Sucks.mp3 --  (Download: 10.05 MB)

Also posted my updated mix as a youtube video if you wanted to check it out.
Wow! This is one genre I'm not used to yet, but my ears tell me you knocked it out of the park. Very balanced. Tight drums. Nice work!

Don Perignon
Mix Engineer / Hobbyist
https://soundcloud.com/donald-holland
Hey man, I just wanted to say nice job. Overall, it's a promising mix. I have a couple of suggestions to take it even further:

- The low end makes it heavy, but on my headphones, it kinda felt a bit muddy. It sorta sounded like the bass and kick were taking up similar frequencies in the low end. I feel like it could sound even tighter if there was more separation. I would also probably bring down the bass guitar just a tad. The drums are really punchy, and I feel like with the bass a bit more out of the way, you can showcase the drums further.
- The delays and reverbs you added were neat, but I would make them more subtle and probably back them off a bit. It seems to be just a bit overpowering.
- The lead guitar has a nice edge, but I think it might have too much 'hiss'. I usually do a subtle high cut to try and tame the fuzz in the 10k+ range.
- I'm not sure if you mastered the track or not, but there seems to be a bit of pumping in the track. I don't know if you added bus or ducking compression, but if you did, then you might wanna back it off just a hair. Sometimes I like a little bit of pumping cause it makes the song sound a bit punchier as a whole, but I think it's a tad too much in this case.
- The snare might wanna come up a tad and add a low cut. The snare sound is good, so no need to hide it from us.

Beyond the stuff I just said, I don't really have any other complaints. The mix is seriously promising.

Cheers,
Nick