Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
'Carousel Ride' AndyGallas Mix
Nice lively song, hope you like it.

.mp3    CarouselRide_AndyG_MixII.mp3 --  (Download: 9.7 MB)

Hi Andy:
I love how present and controlled your Lead vocals are, what type of compression did you use here? It sounds to my ears like a couple of compressors in tandem. Love it! You can hear a lot of the nuances and expression. I have only one observation. The guitar on the left its a little loud in comparison with the rest of the things going on in your right channel. Other than that, its great. I enjoyed listening to it a lot. Great job!
Thank you very much! I agree with the guitar on the left. Listening back I think there could also be a lil more air overall. On the lead vocal is an 1176, I did also some fader ridings.

Cheers!
Can you share your 1176 settings if you don’t mind? I love 1176 but always find hard to set the attack release settings. Thank you Andy
(02-10-2017, 05:57 PM)javierpg84 Wrote: Can you share your 1176 settings if you don’t mind? I love 1176 but always find hard to set the attack release settings. Thank you Andy

Attack at 10 o'clock, release fastest, ratio 12.
Sounds great! Maybe some 500 hz honking, probably from the drums, although it was present on many of the source tracks. Very nice focus on the vocals. ^_^
Thanks kapu!

I did an update of the mix.

Cheers!
Love it! except for the top on the backgrounds sounded harsh. Otherwise great mix. great vocal sound. great focus.