Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Left Blind Mix
Had a blast with this one! It reminded me a lot about Five Finger Death Punch in places. Enjoy, comment, bash, dissect!Big Grin

Cheers!

...and thanks for the site Mike! If this awesomeness would have been around 10 years ago!

.mp3    Hollow ground - Left Blind_Static Mix Malu.mp3 --  (Download: 5.83 MB)

overall really nice mix man!
the drums are very nice, besides i like more tail on the snare reverb but that's already it..

i wonder which guitar sim have you used?

cheers,
tro
I'm curious how you mixed the drums, what was your approach. Sound pretty brutal and loud, overall a good mix in my opinion. The guitar sound is not my cup of tea, sounds a bit muddy with a lack of dynamics.
Good job ! Don't agree at all with Bwick's "crude critis" at all...
I think you might have on of the best drums sound of all the mixes of this song i listened to.
Guitars are a little too crispy in the 6-8h range, like it doesn't have cabinet simulator on, but it works.
Bass is a tough job in this sort of music and wish i could hear it better, there must be a frequency region where it could sit in the mix, like in the 1-1.5k ...
Vocals are well managed, even if i might "wet" them a little more with FX, still don't know which one, but they seem a little out of the mix, although sounding good by themselves.

A little tweak on guitars to make them thicker and a bass adjustement and you'll have a really good mix done !

Congrat's, it's hard to mix, i did this sort of music for years and it's been a while since i don't mix metal like this. I should give a try !
Xabix I can tell your not into metal any more, in the world of Metal a brutal drum sound is a positive thing
Great mix. I cannot achieve such a punchy drum sound as you have. I've tried all the usual stuff like gating, EQ, parallel compression and tape style saturation but I'm a long way off. Did you sample replace the kick and snare?
Great Mix and I really like the drum. He is really well balance and violent
good job