Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
AM Contra: 'Heart Peripheral' (Doutor Mix) (Detailed)
Hi guys, first time here at forum. I would like to congrats Contra. This music is awsome. I loved. It was a great time working on it.

I`ve basicaly used Virtual Rack by Slate Digital (Emulation of a SSL console and some other stuffs like compressors and the great "revival" plugin.

Drums: Gain on high end, increase the drum wight with revival and lift. A little bit of saturation by ssl. Using a compressor in parallel to get punch.

The snares of drop: Very cool indeed. A lot of cut in high mids and mids. Compressor!!!

Bass: gain on high mids, cut about 250hz. Usage of sausage fatterner to gain saturation and air. Used a compressor sidechaining only the kick (using the compressor eq with lowpass filter).

Vocal: this is trick! The record has some clipping parts, was way difficult and i thing that could be better. Gain in highs to airy. Have a cut betwen 750hz. Using the ableton reverb in parallel. I`ve used the echoboy to gain some delay and ableton delay 1/8 in some parts os silence to get deepness.

Synths: eq and chorus to increase stereo field.

In master chain: OTT 7%, glue compressor and ozone. Worked some eq and dynamics. Stereo field was worked too. To gain volume a limiter with a little reduction.

I think this is it. I Would love to hear what you think about it.

.mp3    Contra - Peripheral Master.mp3 --  (Download: 4.74 MB)