Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 1.33 Average
MY MIX
Hey guys please let me know what you don't like with this mix I personally am fed up with it. I can't stand to hear another second of it.

.mp3    DUNNING KRUGER 7-Gain.mp3 --  (Download: 7.65 MB)

Good balance. I'd say most issues with it stem from a lack of planning/direction:

-The bass sounds to me like it's only trying to supplement the kick, so emphasizing treble and making it stand out doesn't work for me. Although around 1:45 it does work very well.
-I struggled with the vocals for a while, I think we just need to go ham on the effects. Delay/saturate/distort whatever, and automating that to keep up with the track's energy.
-Reverb on some guitars works wonders, try it on the softer parts and pan 'em hard.
-The drums need replacing or enhancing, that kick is just not enough I find.

Just what was on my mind while mixing this track. I've been procrastinating on it myself but I think heavy automation is necessary to sculpt the energy the band is going for.
Well, I'm not too sure how much value there is in bumping up these old threads where the original mixer hasn't visited the site for over 5 years.

Anyway.  As this was not the most tactifully titled thread back in 2017, I thought I'd post a general reminder that such language is against the forum rules.

Cheers!
Just uploaded a mix/master?  Waiting for comments? Why not give back and critique a mix/master, or two!