Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 1 Average
Dead Roses-Roy Mix
20-09-2017, 07:47 PM (This post was last modified: 18-03-2019 03:32 AM by RoyMatthews.)
Dead Roses-Roy Mix
Here's my attempt at this one. It's a pretty straight forward song and I went with a slightly odd mix. I think it works but I can never tell until it settles after a few days.

Most noteworthy is the drum panning. I'm a fan of hard panned drums when it's appropriate and I'm fascinated by the occasions when I notice it on songs I've heard many times before. I think I only got away with it once on when mixing someone's record before.

Anyway, it's a relatively quick mix. Feel free to comment and all that.
Cheers.

Edit: I added a new mix March '19. It's more straight forward than my previous one.

.mp3   Andrew Cole-DEAD ROSES-MixA-01.mp3 --  (Download: 9.16 MB)

.mp3   AC-DeadRoses-RMmix01a.mp3 --  (Download: 8.96 MB)

I only have earbuds to listen and mix with at the moment. Take everything I say with a grain of salt.
Quote this message in a reply
21-09-2017, 07:54 AM
RE: Dead Roses-Roy Mix
Cool mix. Reminded of some of the classics from the 60's like the early Beatles.

We're all just a bunch of freqs in this crazy world.
21-09-2017, 02:34 PM
(21-09-2017 07:54 AM)Faders_up Wrote:  Cool mix. Reminded of some of the classics from the 60's like the early Beatles.
Thanks

I only have earbuds to listen and mix with at the moment. Take everything I say with a grain of salt.
18-03-2019, 03:33 AM
Added new mix (RMmix01a)

Support my video work!
Advertisement: