Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
No holding back on creative choices
Hi! Mixed and mastered by me. Tried to give a personal interpretation to the song (wich is awesome, by the way... One of the best singers I've heard in a while!) but keeping the original vibe. I noticed some SOAD influences, but some of more modern post hardcore vibes as well, and took from there. Was a little bit disapointed by the drums -
it would be really cool having some more live sound, I think the track would benefit a whole lot from that - but gave some dirtiness and nastiness to the room channel. Appreciate any comments and feedbacks.

.mp3    Atrophy - MASTERED.mp3 --  (Download: 12.02 MB)

Very nicely done. Excellent use of vocal fx throughout. Not much to say on this, other than a few points where around 4KHz poked through on some of the louder parts and robbed the lows of their impact a tad (the tonality out of the breakdown seemed spot on as a reference). But very minor points here ... a quality mix.
All sound is a distortion of silence / soundcloud.com/jeffd42
(18-09-2017, 04:11 AM)jeffd42 Wrote: Very nicely done. Excellent use of vocal fx throughout. Not much to say on this, other than a few points where around 4KHz poked through on some of the louder parts and robbed the lows of their impact a tad (the tonality out of the breakdown seemed spot on as a reference). But very minor points here ... a quality mix.

Thank you for your kind words. I'd noticed that in the mastering stage and even used a dinamic eq trying to address it, but probably haven't gone far enough with it. Did a second try abusing more of it and adding a tiny bit of lows, following your comment. Appreciate any feedback on the new file!

.mp3    Atrophy - MASTERED (2).mp3 --  (Download: 12.02 MB)