Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Actions - One Minute Smile feedback please
Hello guys
I need a feedback for my mix of this song
I mixed it with a mind of how a pop song should sound in mind
Thank you

.mp3    Actions - One Minute Smile (AB Mix).mp3 --  (Download: 3.84 MB)

.mp3    Actions - One Minute Smile (AB Mix 2).mp3 --  (Download: 3.86 MB)

I like your mix. It's well balanced and the lead vocal sits nicely but it's a little wet. Maybe back the reverb send down a bit. Carving out some of the lower mids (220hz-500hz range) to open the mix up a bit. That's where the traffic jam of mud is. If you're using EQ on your stereo bus, try taking it off and really working the upper mids on each track to gain separation. Well done Smile
We're all just a bunch of freqs in this crazy world.
(15-09-2017, 06:07 AM)Faders_up Wrote: I like your mix. It's well balanced and the lead vocal sits nicely but it's a little wet. Maybe back the reverb send down a bit. Carving out some of the lower mids (220hz-500hz range) to open the mix up a bit. That's where the traffic jam of mud is. If you're using EQ on your stereo bus, try taking it off and really working the upper mids on each track to gain separation. Well done Smile

Thanks for your feedback.
It is well balanced but muddy? I don't quite get what you meant.
I agree about the reverb, it was mixed on headphones, perhaps that's why I got it wrong.
I've carved many frequencies on the mix, definitely a lot of cuts. Maybe it's not enough? I'm not sure.
I guess I'll just mix it again from scratch.
Updated. Added version 2.
Hope it's better than the last one. Smile