Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Purling Hiss: 'Lolita' (Jejsus mix)
15-07-2013, 03:51 PM
RE: Purling Hiss: 'Lolita' (Jejsus mix)
Thank you guys for your replies and input, I think that with your help I'll be able to reach the higher level, so every opinion counts for me. For now I can only confirm constructive critics posted from Artbass and Gopener, as I also wasn't happy with how my mix sounded when I was listening it in different environments this morning. I intend to repair all of this failures. Snare is annoying as hell, I see now that I will not be able to get that clear sound out of it for which I was aiming from the start (nothing wrong with that), it sure won't blend in to the mix that way. I will see about the guitars, I think that I'll try to make them not so harsh, and then try to pull out the juice Smile, we'll see what happens Smile. About vocals - I agree for the reverb, I'll lower it on those annoying parts, it disturbed me also Smile. As for the point of it, I think there is no point, It's just a decision I made, cause communication with the band is not possible at this time. It could go either way in a real time, with the band Smile. I hope I'll be able to update in a couple of days.

(14-07-2013 10:51 PM)takka360 Wrote:  Still not as good as mine lol
Sure it is LOL. Now seriously, I'm not here to compete, and I think your mix on this song is great in the mean time I very much appreciate your concise guidelines here.

Back to business Smile
Quote this message in a reply
15-07-2013, 05:43 PM
(15-07-2013 03:51 PM)Jejsus Wrote:  Thank you guys for your replies and input, I think that with your help I'll be able to reach the higher level, so every opinion counts for me. For now I can only confirm constructive critics posted from Artbass and Gopener, as I also wasn't happy with how my mix sounded when I was listening it in different environments this morning. I intend to repair all of this failures. Snare is annoying as hell, I see now that I will not be able to get that clear sound out of it for which I was aiming from the start (nothing wrong with that), it sure won't blend in to the mix that way. I will see about the guitars, I think that I'll try to make them not so harsh, and then try to pull out the juice Smile, we'll see what happens Smile. About vocals - I agree for the reverb, I'll lower it on those annoying parts, it disturbed me also Smile. As for the point of it, I think there is no point, It's just a decision I made, cause communication with the band is not possible at this time. It could go either way in a real time, with the band Smile. I hope I'll be able to update in a couple of days.

(14-07-2013 10:51 PM)takka360 Wrote:  Still not as good as mine lol
Sure it is LOL. Now seriously, I'm not here to compete, and I think your mix on this song is great in the mean time I very much appreciate your concise guidelines here.

Back to business Smile

Im only pulling your leg lol
15-07-2013, 09:12 PM
Hehe Big Grin Tongue

Access my tutorial videos!
Advertisement: