Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Louis Cressy Band Good Times updated mix
Enjoyed mixing this one,all comments are welcomed Smile

.mp3    Louis Cressy Band Good Times mix updated.mp3 --  (Download: 10.83 MB)

.mp3    Louis Cressy Band Good Times mix1.mp3 --  (Download: 10.8 MB)

Great intro! Great splash with the kit up front. Cudjoe, my friend, you've pretty much hit the nail on the head with this production.
A couple of suggestions if I may? The are a few places where the rhythm guitars, which often carry the melody, lose their focus and could benefit from a goose with your automation. Also, something happened at the end of the piece where the left side guitar seems to disappear and all of a sudden there is a hole. It feels like a glitch as the rest of your mix is outstanding. All of the sounds are spot on, even that damn rain stick! And your snare and kit and the environment you discovered for them is genius. You did what I tried to do and could not. Well done. Very well done.
PreSonus Studio One DAW
[email protected]
Sounds Great nice solid mix ,not much more to add the organ maybe a touch full in the 200 area ,a touch more top end on the electric but that personal preference on my monitors !

Well Done Big Grin

Please Help Mike Keep This Awesome Educational Site Alive And Become A patron !
https://www.patreon.com/CambridgeMT/posts

Great Drum sound Cudjoe! Gives the song that great initial impact. The kick could be a little too big though, in relation the the kick snare balance thingy. Overall for me the song moves along nicely, but the guitars do seem a little underwhelming. Maybe if you can brighten them up a bit as they do seem to share a lot of sonic space with the bass as they are. I think automating them around the vox and altering their intensity into the choruses etc would be beneficial. I would love to hear the solo for example really launch forward when it appears.

That being said, this is a really great mix and a great start. Well Done.Big Grin

Dave
(07-09-2017, 03:00 AM)Mixinthecloud Wrote: Great intro! Great splash with the kit up front. Cudjoe, my friend, you've pretty much hit the nail on the head with this production.
A couple of suggestions if I may? The are a few places where the rhythm guitars, which often carry the melody, lose their focus and could benefit from a goose with your automation. Also, something happened at the end of the piece where the left side guitar seems to disappear and all of a sudden there is a hole. It feels like a glitch as the rest of your mix is outstanding. All of the sounds are spot on, even that damn rain stick! And your snare and kit and the environment you discovered for them is genius. You did what I tried to do and could not. Well done. Very well done.
Thanks very muchSmile and that rain stick was only put through a neve console emulation(slate) pushed hard thats it.
(07-09-2017, 10:59 AM)thedon Wrote: Sounds Great nice solid mix ,not much more to add the organ maybe a touch full in the 200 area ,a touch more top end on the electric but that personal preference on my monitors !

Well Done Big Grin
Thanks very much i have done a update and added a little top end to the guitars and took away around 200hz from the organ.
(08-09-2017, 12:31 AM)Dangerous Wrote: Great Drum sound Cudjoe! Gives the song that great initial impact. The kick could be a little too big though, in relation the the kick snare balance thingy. Overall for me the song moves along nicely, but the guitars do seem a little underwhelming. Maybe if you can brighten them up a bit as they do seem to share a lot of sonic space with the bass as they are. I think automating them around the vox and altering their intensity into the choruses etc would be beneficial. I would love to hear the solo for example really launch forward when it appears.

That being said, this is a really great mix and a great start. Well Done.Big Grin

Dave
Cheers for that i hope the updated mix is the oneSmile
The updated mix sound much better !

Well Done Big Grin

Please Help Mike Keep This Awesome Educational Site Alive And Become A patron !
https://www.patreon.com/CambridgeMT/posts

Thank you don