Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Brew: What I Want
Here is my first attempt at this one... I did a major no-no here and drank 4 beers while mixing this....so tried to compensate by looking at SPAN and seeing if I was close LOL!

Comments and Critique very welcome. We'll see what I think of this in the morning.

.mp3    The Brew_Rev 1.mp3 --  (Download: 8.78 MB)

does it seem like my drums are a touch buried?
Hey Jim,

already a good first mix here are my thoughts.

Suggestion:
- The drums have to be very "tight" in this (in my opinion) they need to come up a bit, especially the snare
- Rework the Kick sound... Sounds like a mid-range "pop" to me;
- Ringing snare pretty neat but a little much, also to attack focused at 1:18
- I have the feeling that balance is off. Cant tell you why it just sounds disconnected to me (maybe guitars in chorus (0:50) too loud)
- Also some audible clicking and distortion
- Sometimes the mix sounds clutterd, maybe you need a bit more subtractive EQ or whatever to create more seperation? Could also be arrangment tweaks.

Edit:
- I have listend to takkas version and his mix just glues/fits together better, so probably some kind of balance issue.

Lukas Angel

P.S.: Listen to my "Trip Toe Through The Crypto" Mix? I think it is my best mix yet (v4) and I would like to have more feedback on that Smile
Compression kills your mixes .If you use a bus comp high pass it because your kick is pumping big time.
Try to ease up on compression in general ,db here db there if needed because at the mo its holding you back .
Just saw these posts...thank you for your critiques! This mix is fucking awful. I'm just gonna come out and say that I compressed the ever lasting crap outta this and it sounds like a kid with his first compressor got ahold of a reel of tape.

Ooof.

I'll take some time and mix this when I haven't had a four-pack of IPA pint cans...sorry for the assault on your ears.
Man, we've all had IPA mixes!! lol