Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My mix of Promises and Lies
Really cool song. The guitars were a challenge on the chuggs, but TDL Nova Dynamic eq really helped.

.mp3    Promises & Lies.mp3 --  (Download: 11 MB)

Hi reganito ,
It's been a long time since I mixed this awesome song and due for a remix soon .
I like your mix ,it sounds pretty well balanced ,you have done a good job with the guitars but sound a touch upfront between the 2-5k area maybe a gentle db or 2 dip dip at 3.5k will tame them a touch and give more room for the vocals and snare top end ect ?
The bass and snare have some transients and resonant frequencies clashing and competing for space ,the bass at 147hz and the snare has some ringing resonances in the 180 -200 area and also quite heavy attack .
Here is a quick eqed version of your mix and using TDR nova to tame some snare transients of what my monitors are translating also eqed the bass below 200hz from the side channels.
I will remove this in a couple of day's unless you would like it to stay.

Hope this helps

Cheers Big Grin

.mp3    Promises and Lies -Reganito eq.mp3 --  (Download: 10.97 MB)

Please Help Mike Keep This Awesome Educational Site Alive And Become A patron !
https://www.patreon.com/CambridgeMT/posts

(27-08-2017, 10:22 AM)thedon Wrote: Hi reganito ,
It's been a long time since I mixed this awesome song and due for a remix soon .
I like your mix ,it sounds pretty well balanced ,you have done a good job with the guitars but sound a touch upfront between the 2-5k area maybe a gentle db or 2 dip dip at 3.5k will tame them a touch and give more room for the vocals and snare top end ect ?
The bass and snare have some transients and resonant frequencies clashing and competing for space ,the bass at 147hz and the snare has some ringing resonances in the 180 -200 area and also quite heavy attack .
Here is a quick eqed version of your mix and using TDR nova to tame some snare transients of what my monitors are translating also eqed the bass below 200hz from the side channels.
I will remove this in a couple of day's unless you would like it to stay.

Hope this helps

Cheers Big Grin

It sounds really good!