Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Zeno: Signs - Crownoise
Hey there how are you all holding up? Smile wow this song was a challange :/ i didn't know where to continue so i sort of left it but i think it turned out better then it was from the start atleast!

.mp3    zeno.mp3 --  (Download: 8.86 MB)

I haven't mixed this one yet but many others are saying it is a complicated mix with a high track count, so I am not suprised that you left it, although I feel that maybe you could have taken a break from it, then continued with it to the bitter end as there are merits to your mix. I would say though that the overall levels needed more attention as the vocal and piano stand out too much for my taste. I cant wait to have a go at this one myself (knowing it is complicated, therefore its a good example to get stuck into and to learn plenty). I hope you return to this song one day and have another go at it, would love to hear the finished result... all the best.
Hey Mick, had a nice new years eve? Yea i totally hear that the piano has suffered from over-compression, def needs some de-essing and eq.. Yea good that you gave me that mission, i will return with one as fast as possible Smile Good luck on your mix!
(01-01-2018, 09:43 PM)crownoise Wrote: Hey Mick, had a nice new years eve? Yea i totally hear that the piano has suffered from over-compression, def needs some de-essing and eq.. Yea good that you gave me that mission, i will return with one as fast as possible Smile Good luck on your mix!

Hi, I hope you have a great new year, to be honest with you I am glad the seasons distractions are over for another year Wink . I have begun proceedings with this song and I am enjoying the challenges it offers, I am on a steep learning curve but lovin' it. I realise that time constraints are placed on all of us so please, please don't place undue pressure upon yourself once you come back to this one, it takes as long as it takes (but looking forward to it), all the best with it.
Hey again mick, yeah i know we are all there sadly enough! Looking forward to your mix Smile