Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lorenzo-Things need changing! It's unmixable
(06-12-2017, 04:18 PM)Max Headroom Wrote:
(22-08-2017, 12:29 PM)thedon Wrote: Hey Max you give the impression of being a pro reading your feedback , Just wondering why you haven't posted a mix since you joined in 2014 ?

We are all novices, learning off one another. It will only end if someone develops the software to replicate an engineer of our choosing. Dial in Max on the preset, and the algorithm will give you a Max mix, done her way, and in about one-thousandth of a second. My worst nightmare! Tongue Then you can dial in your Mastering Engineer of your choice, if it's in the preset, and bingo.

The reason I joined this, and other forums, is so you, and others in the community, can help me to better understand how people engage in the mixing process, and I thank you for that. Having had an opportunity to mentor someone from ground zero to a point where they developed their own wings, it's more than tweaked my interest in The Process and how individuals tackle it, and progress, and over what time frame without the benefit of the old apprenticeship model.

In essence, it's a long winded way of saying I have no reason to post mixes here. Besides, I'm critical enough to be able to pull my own projects to pieces!

You have chastised this particular recording and the mixers who have participated in it by stating one of the tracks is clipped and therefore the song is un-mixable. Yet no one agrees with you on that assessment and you have never defined which track you are referring to. If we are all that sonically challenged, why may I ask, are you here? You seem uninterested in participating by stating we are not worthy of your efforts. If that is your feeling, there is no reason for you to participate if you offer nothing but disdain. I think you should check your system before condemning everyone else. I do not believe you are the professional you claim to be. This blog is about conversations. You do not wish to have any so it may best to log off and not return. Anyone who claims to be above the participants here is probably too scared to have their mixes reviewed or questioned. No learning possibilities there. If you are that good, put up or shutup. We are all here to learn, not to be denigrated by you.

Have a nice day.
PreSonus Studio One DAW
[email protected]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Lorenzo-Things need changing! It's unmixable - by Mixinthecloud - 06-12-2017, 05:06 PM