Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lorenzo-Things need changing! It's unmixable
After getting my semi-annual dose of pseudotic loudness nonsense bashing from the OP on another thread, found my way here hoping there would be a mountain of good info and a great example mix. Well, there was not, but got to spent a good amount of time Google Translating through the thread to make sense of it. Except for javierpg84s comment about Izotope RX. Had to try it, and it does great job. Adobe Audition also has some nice restoration functions. Another approach would be to move the clipped notes/chords to separate track, and then apply some soft saturation to smooth out the clipped edge, and then process the tracks combined into aux/group. There are also some non-zero crossing / erratic waveform crackles or pops across the tracks, which can be fixed by applying split edits and fast fades to those parts and/or redrawing the waveforms manually. Listening my own mix after a while, I'm not too happy but at least put something up. From what I can remember, despite my audiovisual impairments somehow I managed to recognize the issues with both ears and eyes (like probably everybody else here), I admit I was just too damn lazy to fix the entire project after realizing it wasn't just one single part. About the tracks being mixable, I guess that depends on what type tracks people are used to, or feel are entitled to. This being a free yet managed (hope it stays that way) site, I wouldn't make strong declarative statements about the materials. ^_^
The song of course is mixable