Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Do Not Stand
My mix
Mr. Loud
Overall you've got a balanced mix, I like the delay and reverb on the vocal and the smoothness of the low end in the mix. In the drum loop there's some honkiness at 1 kHz tha can be scooped out and the vocals need some cleaning up around 400 Hz, try cutting some 3 kHz out of the loop as well. While the vocal reverb is nice, try making the vocals dry untill the first "Don't Stand" repetition at 0:46, this will allow for some contrast and give some build to the track. I found fading in the first section a touch helps give a little bit of dynamic interest to the track and adding some more different delays further into the track spiced things up.

Really I can't say much beyond that, you've got a good canvas to work with in this mix and some simple automation of effects and other things can really make this track.

Cheers and hope this helps,
Doug
Mixing is way more art and soul than science. We don’t really know what we’re doing. We do it because we love music! It’s the love of music first. Eddie Kramer

Gear list: Focusrite Scarlett 18i20, Mbox Mini w/Pro Tools Express, Reaper, Various plugins, AKG K240 MKii, Audio Technica ATH M50x, Yorkville YSM 6