Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
And the mix competition winner is...
Congratulations to our winner and runner-up. Well done guys!

Big thank you to Florian for critiquing our mixes - 5 distinct parts @ 17 mins with 100 tracks is a HUGE amount of listening and having read through some of the critiques, they all seem fair minded and generous. I'm sure a lot of the forum members learned a huge amount by getting actual client feedback and making mix revisions based upon client requests.

Thanks also to the band for sharing their music and of course to Mike S for making this all possible.
Be fierce in your encouragement, kind in your criticism and try and remember that the art of a good critique is not to make someone else's mix sound like yours...but to help the mixer realize their own vision.

https://soundcloud.com/hbguitar
Congratulations everyone on a great competition! And if you're interested in that Production Critique, Friggy, then just let me know what track you'd like my input on --
I'm just about to head away on holiday for a couple of weeks, but I'll try to get to it as soon as I get back into the studio.
(16-08-2017, 05:47 PM)Mike Senior Wrote: Congratulations everyone on a great competition! And if you're interested in that Production Critique, Friggy, then just let me know what track you'd like my input on --
I'm just about to head away on holiday for a couple of weeks, but I'll try to get to it as soon as I get back into the studio.

Sent you a pm.Big Grin
Hello everyone,

Congrats to Friggy and thanks to Florian and Perpetual Escape for putting their work out there for this competition. I had a blast mixing this song. It was a challenge for sure and I'm glad you guys enjoyed my mix! Thank you! I've been away from my studio for awhile, hence the late response, but I look forward to checking out more of the mixes.

Thanks again,

Dave
(14-08-2017, 08:37 AM)Mandubien Wrote: If we were the clients of Friggy, we probably would have asked him to deliver a mix at -14 LUFS since it's the current standards.

Current standards? Not so.

"Nearly half of all teenagers and young adults (12-35 years old) in middle- and high-income countries are exposed to unsafe levels of sound from the use of personal  audio  devices": https://tinyurl.com/6xeeahc5 Read my bio.