Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Promises and Lies (Wet Version)
This is the Wet version as well. Let me know in which of these two I have to apply the changes according to the feedback given. Rolleyes

.mp3    Johhny Locke Mixdown Wet mp3.mp3 --  (Download: 5.43 MB)

Solo guitar is fairly loud.
Lead vocal is too far out front. Also sounds too dry. (Adding reverb/delay will also help it blend better.)
Bass guitar is there but lacks definition.

Mix feels pretty narrow. Sounds like everything is center panned and then there's a stereo reverb its being fed through. When I sum to mono, there is very little change. I'd take the two backing guitar parts and hard pan them left and right for a start. Then as suggested in the other thread, pan your drums to sounds as a real kit would. Take your cues from the overhead mics on where to place things.

Also, there were backing vocals in the recording. I didn't hear them here. That can be a valid choice to drop them but you risk making the mix less interesting.

So there you go. Take it from there and add refinements. Smile
Old West Audio
(16-08-2017, 04:11 AM)azwayne Wrote: Solo guitar is fairly loud.
Lead vocal is too far out front. Also sounds too dry. (Adding reverb/delay will also help it blend better.)
Bass guitar is there but lacks definition.

Mix feels pretty narrow. Sounds like everything is center panned and then there's a stereo reverb its being fed through. When I sum to mono, there is very little change. I'd take the two backing guitar parts and hard pan them left and right for a start. Then as suggested in the other thread, pan your drums to sounds as a real kit would. Take your cues from the overhead mics on where to place things.

Also, there were backing vocals in the recording. I didn't hear them here. That can be a valid choice to drop them but you risk making the mix less interesting.

So there you go. Take it from there and add refinements. Smile

Hi,
Thanks for the feedback.
Yeah I haven't used the backing vocals at all since I did not like the way that they sound all together. As for the solo guitar I had left it with a question mark since I thought that it might be too loud. Now I know that it is since you confirmed it as well Smile Is it ok if I upload the track again as soon as I apply all the refinements so that you can give me another feedback on the new one as well ?

Alex
Hello

*Solo is sticking out too much and feels completely separate from the song.
*Rythm guitars could spread out more to creat more space in the middle.. also a boost in n volume here would be beneficial.
*Vocal is too dry.. needs more reverb
The drum sounds pretty cool though Smile)

Keep it up hope this helps!
(18-08-2017, 09:39 PM)Shul Wrote: Hello

*Solo is sticking out too much and feels completely separate from the song.
*Rythm guitars could spread out more to creat more space in the middle.. also a boost in n volume here would be beneficial.
*Vocal is too dry.. needs more reverb
The drum sounds pretty cool though Smile)

Keep it up hope this helps!

Thanks for that man !