Poll: What do you think?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Terrible!
0%
0 0%
Needs Work
50.00%
2 50.00%
Ok...
25.00%
1 25.00%
Pretty Good
25.00%
1 25.00%
Awesome!
0%
0 0%
Total 4 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Mindicree Mix: Death Of A Romantic - The Well
Here is my mix for "The Well." For this mix I definitely wanted to go for something punchy, especially with the very low-tuned guitars. I am very impressed with the bass tone however. I may use a multi-band on the low end of the whole mix in the future though.

Also, for the master, I decided to go much louder than I normally do to see if it has any affect on the overall reception, mainly because I notice many songs in this genre are mastered REALLY loud.

Any (constructive) criticism is appreciated!

.mp3    Mix 1.mp3 --  (Download: 10.83 MB)

.mp3    Master 1.1.mp3 --  (Download: 10.6 MB)

Hey Mindicree,

I'd say this mix is "ok..." I really cant give you a lot of precice critique, but here we go anyway.

Suggestions:
- Kick sounds very pillowy without any sort of high-click that is typical for Metal. (At least I think so, not really a Metal fan xD)
- Also the vocal sounds kinda lifeless and bland, a little funky processing with saturation/distortion or some wierd effect might be cool. Or it could suck.
- Also more de-essing on the vocal
- Regarding the loud master. When I turned it down to the same volume as the mix, the unmasterd version sounded way more punchy. A good rule of thumb that works for me is to get around approx. 14LUFS or approx. 12RMS and a Dynamic Range of not less than 8. (I usually aim for 10)

Hope it helps and you dont think of my critique as "ridiculus" like another individual on this forum Sad

LukasAngel