Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wealthy In Time (HCOP Mix)
This took more work than I expected (there are like three or four separate mixes on my laptop), but it was a fun song to work on. Didn't really click until I used an Ought song as a reference point and then tried to make a more live sound.

Enjoy!

.mp3    Wealthy in Time - Woodfire.mp3 --  (Download: 8.84 MB)

(03-08-2017, 09:27 PM)hcop Wrote: This took more work than I expected (there are like three or four separate mixes on my laptop), but it was a fun song to work on. Didn't really click until I used an Ought song as a reference point and then tried to make a more live sound.

Enjoy!

This mix lacks depth, transients and punch. Also feels like the stereo image suffers from compression and limiting.
(04-08-2017, 03:55 AM)crownoise Wrote: This mix lacks depth, transients and punch. Also feels like the stereo image suffers from compression and limiting.

Ack, looks like I did upload the wrong master!

Here's the right one (which I titled m 2). Still not perfect - think it's a bit tinny - but brighter and punchier.

.mp3    wealthy in time m 2.mp3 --  (Download: 8.84 MB)

(05-08-2017, 05:39 AM)hcop Wrote:
(04-08-2017, 03:55 AM)crownoise Wrote: This mix lacks depth, transients and punch. Also feels like the stereo image suffers from compression and limiting.

Ack, looks like I did upload the wrong master!

Here's the right one (which I titled m 2). Still not perfect - think it's a bit tinny - but brighter and punchier.

Well the second was alot better but i still dont see why you wouldn't have punch in the kick and snare? Just makes a lot of wish was when you crank the highs then, i mean that isn't more definition is it , but i like the "bigness" of this mix. The vocals are also hurting your ears quite much when listening to high volume, i think the compressor is making some 3-5 khz agresive.
Chorus on bass really suits the song (I am stealing it!). I also like the reverb on guitars. Overall the mix is way too bright and fatiguing for my ears. Especially when overheads and vocals meet together. Overall it has cool vibe and nice balance.