Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Crownoise - Some Trashy Trash, i Guess
Hi! This is my mixtake on this metaltune, i felt i wanted to mix quickly and wanted to try out some new plugs, so i didn't put that much time into this, just tried to get good volume and keep the elements intact. One of the plugins did drop out on me for a second since i only have it in trial mode, hope you forgive me!

.mp3    Trash.mp3 --  (Download: 6.51 MB)

Hi,

Guitars seem thin, you should crank the gain and the bass for a more ballsy sound.
The main solo don't cut through the mix and the harmony is louder than it, so it's feels weird, like, each time harmony comes out, we notice how quiet is the other track.

The silence at 2'00 is surprising, but you warned us Smile

Drums
Overheads are a bit too loud but sound good.
Kick and snare are cool.

By tweaking guitars and lowering OH, I think you can improve a lot your mix Smile
(04-08-2017, 12:52 AM)Tuyop Wrote: Hi,

Guitars seem thin, you should crank the gain and the bass for a more ballsy sound.
The main solo don't cut through the mix and the harmony is louder than it, so it's feels weird, like, each time harmony comes out, we notice how quiet is the other track.

The silence at 2'00 is surprising, but you warned us Smile

Drums
Overheads are a bit too loud but sound good.
Kick and snare are cool.

By tweaking guitars and lowering OH, I think you can improve a lot your mix Smile

Yes i agree this was a fast mix from me to get kinda in the ballpark so i could try my new plug! Sorry for that answer but that is how it was Smile Still found the song really nice and did try to make it good, yes i totally forgot to tweak those super dry harmonies and noticed it after i had bounced it!..../facepalm , yes the ohs are a tad to loud imo, i might upload a second mix tomorrow and see what you say then.